Cannabis SEO Tips for CBD Companies
1 March 2021
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It involves a set of strategies that online canna-businesses can implement on their websites to increase their chances of showing up first on the internet when customers do a Google search. There are other search engines, however, but most businesses focus on Google since it is the most used search engine. Some businesses hire experts for cannabis SEO tips. For the best results, this may be a good step to take but if you want to familiarize yourself with SEO and how to improve your online store’s SEO ranking then this is the article for you.
Cannabis SEO Tips To Improve Your Ranking and Increase Traffic
These tips are based on SEO tactics that have proven to increase website rankings and direct or increase website traffic. The more traffic you can direct to your online cannabis store, the more customers you will gain. Due to the sensitive nature of cannabis sales – only being legalized recently – and with the lack of research to prove any medical claims, marketing strategies are limited making SEO an important part of your marketing success.
Analyze your current web traffic with existing SEO strategies
Naturally, your website should already have existing traffic. Before implementing any SEO strategies for your cannabis website, it would be good to analyze which current strategies are working for you. You can do this by focusing on the following:
- Analyzing how many users your website gained from organic searches. You can use Google Analytics to analyze this data.
- Researching the keywords that customers are using to find your website. You can use a keyword finder to see which keywords users are typing in search engines.
- Checking the top ten cannabis websites to see which keywords and SEO strategies they are implementing. Focus on things like what they have in common, the quality and length of their content, their images, and other SEO strategies that have been clearly implemented.
Gain an understanding of how users search
Knowing which SEO strategies to implement rests on your ability to determine how users are using search engines to find cannabis websites and businesses. This involves analyzing the keywords that users put in the search engine, but what does this mean exactly?
Well, when someone goes to a search engine like Google to search for something, they type in keywords. The websites that use those keywords will show up first. The user is likely to click on those websites. Being an expert means never assuming that you know or can predict the keywords that users are typing into the search engine. It is best to rely on tools that can help you analyze this data. Here are some of the ways that users search:
- There has been an increase in the use of long-tail keywords
- People are likely to use voice search on their mobile devices
Focus on mobile optimization
Mobile devices are used by so many people to run searches on the internet today. Cannabis websites need to make sure they are mobile-friendly. Successful SEO for cannabis websites need to consider how the mobile user will search for cannabis sites using their mobile device. Google has started implementing mobile first indexing which means pages that are SEO mobile-friendly will take preference.
Social media and organic content is key
One of our main cannabis SEO tips is to use social media. Google prioritizes cannabis websites that have a high number of shares. Using social media not only improves your cannabis site’s SEO ranking but it helps with marketing your business too.
Remember that you have to think carefully about how to use social media to promote your business since many platforms still do not allow direct advertising of canna-businesses. The key is to use organic content – meaning posting free content such as videos, photos, memes, and Stories related to your canna-business.
The importance of your website’s speed and page load time
There is no doubt that website load speed is an important cannabis SEO tip. Users are likely to get frustrated and choose another website if your page takes too long to load. Most websites with good SEO rankings load within a few seconds. Here’s how to make sure you have a fast page loading speed.
- Improve server response time: The best response time will be under 200ms. Also, ensure that you have a good hosting plan.
- Optimize your images: Consider using CSS sprites so that all your images load at once and keep image sizes to the minimum.
- Optimize your code: You can do this by removing spaces, commas, and other unnecessary characters. You can use CSSNano and UglifyJS.
Start writing a blog about your website
One of our cannabis SEO tips is to start writing a blog about your canna-business. This is a great cannabis search marketing tactic used to improve websites’ search engine rankings. You can use blogging as part of your marketing plan to give you a higher ranking over your competitors. Writing high quality blogs will raise your cannabis brand’s awareness and increase the traffic directed to your site. Here are a few tips on how to write a good cannabis blog:
- Use paragraphs, headings, and sub-headings
- Use the right keywords
- Link your blogs to previous content
- Optimize your article length
Hopefully, this article helped you with SEO tips for your cannabis website. Remember that Google focuses on high-quality, authentic, and well-received content. If you constantly analyze and review your page, you will improve your SEO ranking. Remember to use the right tools and never assume you know what users are doing. Do the research and implement the best strategies.