Choosing a CBD Friendly Web Hosting
17 February 2021
What is CBD Website Hosting?
Websites need to have their documents stored somewhere. This is where website hosting comes in. All the files that make up the website, including pictures and coding, are stored by a web hosting provider who gives you space on a webserver.
Why is CBD Web Hosting Limited?
If you are looking to start or already have a CBD business, you may be familiar with the laws around this market. CBD (cannabidiol), although legalized under the 2018 Farm Bill, is still in a sort of review process to being truly accepted worldwide. This means that many web hosting services are still skeptical to host CBD websites because of the tricky law that’s involved.
What is the Difference Between Web Hosting and a CMS
We defined web hosting earlier, but what is a CMS (content management system?) While web hosting involves the storing of the files that make up your website, a CMS is what you would use to build your website. It is important to know this difference because many of the platforms that allow you to use them as a CMS don’t allow web hosting for CBD sites. For example, you can use WordPress to build your site but not host it.
Luckily, there are options for you to consider hosting your CBD site. You could either pay to host your own site and use platforms like WordPress or Wix to manage your website content or you can choose a CBD friendly web hosting site.
CBD Friendly Web Hosting Sites
- Digital Octane CBD-Friendly Website Hosting: a dedicated hosting and maintenance services specifically developed for CBD Websites, both small and large. Aside the hosting itself, it provides 24/7 technical support, which is included in the price and is very affordable.
- Kynd Host: A popular hosting netweork for CBD sites that cater to CBD businesses – small to large. They offer shared servers, WordPress Hosting, or VPNs (Virtual Private Networks.)
- Weed Hosts: Having been awarded the “best cannabis hosting firm” by Global Health and Farma News, this CBD friendly web hosting service allows you to host your WordPress website with them. They are also known for their exceptional customer service and support. They have limited pricing options but offer WordPress specific pricing.
- Cannaweb Solutions: They offer a comprehensive service to help you run your CBD business. They are known to help you host your cannabis site, step-by-step, and have good pricing options.
- GlowHost: A web hosting service just for cannabis businesses. They offer services from web hosting to website building. They are also known to offer tight security and great support.
- Direct Hosting: A Canadian company also designed to cater to the CBD business. They offer services in web hosting and e-commerce hosting. So, they can host your domain and your email. Their hosting services integrate with some of the most popular platforms such as WordPress and Magneto. You would need to get custom pricing from them.
- Green Marimba: Another web hosting service just for cannabis dispensaries. They offer full web design and hosting. What sets them apart is their ready-to-go Metrc-integrated templates making it easy to analyze and maintain your cannabis site.
What to Consider When Choosing a Web Host
Now you have an idea of some CBD hosting sites that you can use but how do you know which one to choose? It depends on your needs, such as, what services are you looking for? Do you want only web hosting or do you want additional services like web design? What’s your budget like? Here we will mention some of the things you should consider when choosing a web host for your CBD business.
What are your needs?
This mostly depends on your knowledge base of websites and hosting. If you are an amateur, you want to consider using a reputable company that offers shared hosting services. If you have an idea about web hosting then you’ll know what type of site you want to create, what features it should have, what integrations you would like, and other important needs. The more detailed your questions and knowledge, the better your position to choose the right CBD friendly web hosting company.
The web hosting service you choose needs to have as little downtime as possible. Remember, every time the site is down, you lose customers and money. Make sure the service and plan that you choose are reliable. Avoid going with web hosting services with anything less than a 99.95% uptime score.
Web Hosting Scalability
The company you choose should give you the option to upgrade as your company grows. This is important because if your hosting plan has a limit on resources and you use that up, it could lead to a website that has slower functionality and cannot handle high traffic.
Check it the web hosting company offers the features that your CBD business needs. Some of these include:
– One-click installer: Helps you to easily install applications such as WordPress, Drupal, and others.
– File manager: You want access to FTP/SFTP to move large amounts of files safely.
– .htaccess File Access: To edit and update administrative features such as password authentication and management.
In the case where circumstances cause significant damage to your websites such as a virus or a crash, you need to have a web host provider that can restore most of your website quickly. Make sure to ask them about their ability to do this and how frequently your website will be backed up.
There is nothing more frustrating than experiencing a problem with your website and not being able to solve it fast enough. You will need support sooner or later so it is important to make sure that the company that hosts your CBD site is readily available to assist you with any issues that come up.
When choosing a CBD friendly web hosting service, brainstorm your needs and try to find a company that matches them closely. The goal is to use a CBD friendly company to host your site and offer additional services where you need them. The better the support and the more efficient, the better your website will run avoiding frustration on your and your customers’ part.