How to Start Selling CBD Online
There’s a good chance that you have heard about the legalization of CBD (cannabidiol) products. If you are looking to start a CBD business, however, you need to familiarize yourself with the details surrounding CBD. You need to know what they are, what types of CBD products can be sold, and most importantly, the legislation around the sales of CBD products. If this sounds like a lot, don’t worry. We are writing this article to guide you to successfully start selling CBD online.
What exactly is CBD?
Well, CBD is still considered taboo by many, despite its legalization. This is because there is a large number of people who have not been educated on the topic. The legalization of CBD products has been understood by some as the legalization of marijuana. In this case, people do not understand the difference between the two. Cannabidiol is a compound that is found in cannabis plants.
The difference here is that CBD products do not contain the intoxicating compound called THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). For CBD products to be considered legal, in most states, it must not contain more than 0.3 % THC. This means that instead of creating an intoxicating effect, CBD products have been believed to relieve pain and inflammation and to alleviate anxiety, depression, and seizures associated with epilepsy.
It is important, regardless of the legalization of CBD, to follow the laws set out by the states in which you intend to sell your CBD products. One of the most important things to remember is that the FDA (The United States Food and Drug Administration) has not done enough scientific research to prove that CBD products work and that it is safe for everyone. Due to this factor, you are not allowed to claim that your CBD products will help with various health conditions. With that being said, there are some tips to focus on that will help you to successfully start selling CBD online. We will take a look at them in this article.
Choose your CBD products
Just like in any other business, it is better to find your niche market before you start the process of finding suppliers and selling CBD products. It is exciting to know that there are tons of CBD products that you can choose from to sell. We will look at the main ones here.
- Tinctures: A high concentration of CBD to be administered under the tongue.
- Edibles: Comes in the form of gummies and other edibles but it should be avoided because it is not approved in many states.
- Isolates: This is CBD in a powdered form and can be added to foods or drinks.
- Capsules: CBD in a soft gel capsule, like other medication, and is preferred by some due to its familiarity.
- Vaporizers and Vape Concentrates: Vaping is based on the inhalation of CBD products for those who prefer to smoke their CBD
- Topicals: CBD in the form of creams and ointments.
- Patches: This is a method used to absorb CBD through the skin.
- CBD for pets: CBD can be used for pets with anxiety and pain.
Choose a reliable CBD supplier
If you are looking at selling hemp, and you have chosen the type of CBD products that you would like to sell, then your next step is to find a reputable supplier. Choosing the right supplier is important because of the legal implications that you may face if your CBD products do not meet the legal requirements and, of course, you want quality CBD products to ensure that your customers are satisfied. Here are important factors to consider when choosing a supplier.
- Medical claims are prohibited: Check for the FDA’s disclaimer on their website to make sure that the supplier you choose is not making any medical claims about the CBD products that they produce.
- Check their pricing: You want a supplier who offers a great price for excellent quality. Steer clear from abnormally cheap suppliers, you don’t want to compromise your quality.
- Hemp sourcing: Your supplier should be sourcing their hemp from a reputable farm.
- Methods for extracting CBD: The best suppliers will use CO2 extraction because it produces the least contaminated CBD.
- Check that they are certified: reputable CBD suppliers will be certified with the US Hemp Authority.
Create your brand
This is the fun part but it is also important because creating your brand is directly related to how successful you will be at selling CBD. Here are some important factors to consider when creating your CBD brand:
- Choose your target audience
- Decide on a competitive business name
- Design your logos and color scheme
- Discover your brands’ voice
Take your CBD business online
You’ve chosen a CBD product that you would like to sell, contacted some reputable suppliers, and designed a brand. Now it’s time to take your business online. This is important because most successful businesses today have a strong online presence. Here are steps you can take to develop your online brand.
- Choose a platform: BigCommerce, Shopify, and WooCommerce integrated with WordPress all support the selling of CBD online.
- Pick a theme: Once you’ve chosen a platform you can choose a theme that represents your brands’ design.
- Add your CBD products: Use your store’s dashboard to display the CBD products you are selling online.
- Write content: Give your customers information about your brand and how to contact you.
- Social media: Integrate your website with your social media accounts like Instagram.
- Market your products: Use marketing techniques like paid influencers on social media platforms, carefully planning online content, using SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and other methods like email marketing and affiliate marketing.
- Set up payment methods: USAePay, PaymentCloud, SMB Global, Easy Pay Direct, and PayKings all accept payments for CBD products.
- Shipping: Set up the delivery of CBD products to the clients who order from your online store.
When selling CBD products it is important to choose the products you intend to sell, choose a reputable supplier, create your brand, and take your CBD business online. These steps will help you to start selling hemp successfully. Additionally, they ensure that you follow the protocol and legalities set out by the state where you intend to sell your product. By doing your research and approaching these steps with careful thought and planning, your CBD business will see success.
You may also like
Top 5 CRM for Digital Agency Review 2023
When it comes to selecting the best CRM system for a digital agency, there are several options available in the market. However, the ideal CRM system should offer a comprehensive set of features that align with the agency’s specific requirements. Besides, the system should be cost-effective for the company. In our review, we tested top…
How to Improve SEO CBD Strategy
Introduction Are you planning to start or optimize your already established CBD business online? Then, keep reading as this article bears the best tips to improve your CBD business. Developing quality website remain the best platform when it comes to promoting and selling CBD-infused products. Talking about online growth, the sale of CBD products has…
Best CBD Copywriting Strategies
Introduction To a large extent, the excitement over the Cannabidiol (CBD) industry continues to soar beyond the ordinary. And this is possibly due to the tremendous rate the market is developing, even in states that have just recently legalized the distribution of CBD-infused products. Besides, the increasing legalization and growing awareness of CBD continue to…